UK Personal Debt Statistics October 2011
- 334 people every day of the year will be declared insolvent or bankrupt. This is equivalent to 1 person every 59 seconds during a working day.
- 1,391 Consumer County Court Judgements (CCJs) were issued every day during Q2 2011 and the average judgement amount was £3,345.
- Citizen Advice Bureaux dealt with 8,910 new debt problems every working day in England and Wales during the year ending June 2011.
- The average cost of raising a child from birth to the age of 21 is £27.50 a day.
- 99 properties were repossessed every day during Q2 2011.
- 140 new people became unemployed for more than 12 months every day during the 12 months to end July 2011.
- 1,775 people reported they had become redundant every day during 3 months to end July 2011.
- £111,500,000 is the amount that the Government Public Sector Net Debt (PSDN), including financial interventions, will grow today (equivalent to £1,291 per second).
- £141,370,000 is the interest the Government has to pay each day on the UKs net debt of £2258.8bn (which includes financial interventions). This is estimated to rise to £182m a day in 2015-16.
- 197 mortgage possession claims will be issued and 154 mortgage possession orders will be made today.
- 383 landlord possession claims will be issued and 258 landlord possession orders will be made today.
- The UK population is projected to grow by 1,205 people a day over the next decade.
- 25.2m plastic card purchase transactions will be made today with a total value of £1.278bn.
- 8.0m cash withdrawals will be made today with a total value of £530m.
- The average car will cost £16.08 to run today.
- It costs £67.85 on average to fill a car with a 50 litre tank with unleaded petrol.
Humber Debt Solutions Ltd
Tel 0800 915 5371 or call from mobiles 01482 585017
Fax 01482 585017
*Article and statistics from creditaction.co.uk *